CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

May 12, 2009

Our New "Normal"

Jack...quite an alert little guy. You should see him at 2:00 in the morning! 
Uncle Trey came to visit. They had a great time together!
Uncle Scott and Aunt Selena also came. It was a great Mother's Day!


Today marks five days since Jack came into the world and we're slowly be surely adjusting to our new "normal." So far life has been fairly calm with the typical lack of sleep being the only real issue we've faced. That's in large part because I have a wonderful mother and husband who have been incredibly supportive and willing to let me go through my little hormonal episodes and get some rest when I can. 
Jack definitely still has his days and nights mixed up, but he's showing signs of slowly working that out. Today was the first day that he didn't literally sleep all day and I'm hoping that he will be a little more sleepy tonight. He didn't really go down for a nap until about 1:00 and while he is still sleeping (it's almost 5 now), normally he would have started this process at about 8:00 in the morning. Here's hoping we get a little more sleep tonight.
I am still amazed at how beautiful he is when I look at him. Johnny keeps saying in awe, "we did that." Yes we did, and I couldn't love anyone or anything more. He's simply perfect. 

0 comments: