CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

May 23, 2009

Cute As a Button...A Belly Button, That Is!

Align LeftJack's new belly button (not the clearest picture but it'll do). 

Jack's first bath. He WAS NOT a fan. 
After his first bath...Momma's burrito baby! So sweet and snuggly. 


Yay! Jack finally has a precious little inny belly button! Today when I was changing his diaper I accidentally brushed his umbilical cord stump and it fell right off! So, you know what that means...BATH TIME!


Jack DID NOT like his first bath. He pretty much screamed the entire time, which actually worked out well because afterward he was so worn out that he went right to sleep. We'll see if it tired him out enough to help him sleep longer through the night. We had visitors today (Nana and Papa and Uncle Craig and Aunt Camille) so his not-so-well-established routine was interrupted and poor guy had a rough afternoon. He did finally get to sleep this evening and Momma couldn't bring herself to keep him awake this time. I'm bracing myself for a long night, but maybe, just maybe the bath did the trick. 


We're heading on our first road trip tomorrow to visit Johnny's parents and sisters in Crosby and Katy. I hope he is as good in the car on long trips as he is on short ones. I guess we'll find out tomorrow! He's growing and changing so fast!


Momma's "baby blues" fog has finally lifted and I feel so relieved. Today when he was screaming his head off because he was so tired, it just broke my heart. Finally, I had to take him away to try to calm him down. He immediately snuggled in and calmed down and went to sleep. It's like he knew he was safe when I had him and that was the BEST feeling EVER! It only took two weeks, but I'm finally to the point where I am realizing just how close we are going to be. Johnny and I are just thrilled to be Jack's parents. We are so blessed. 

0 comments: