Here are some one week old pictures of Jackson! We just can't get enough of him.
Jack and Mommy. Jack is in his jammies ready for bed (at least for a couple of hours).
"Mom...that flash is BRIGHT!"
Jack turned one week old yesterday! Boy has this been an adjustment, but a wonderful one. Jackson has finally adopted what I consider a "newborn" routine. He eats about every 2-3 hours, toots a little (he only makes a poopie diaper every couple of days and we've been assured that this is completely normal by the dr.), pees, then sleeps. He wakes up in the morning for an hour or two and in the evening for an hour or two, and then the night comes! Fortunately, we've figured out how to soothe his gassy little tummy at night so we can at least put him down to sleep for an hour or two at a time. When he first came home poor guy was so uncomfortable that we would lay him down and he would just scream. Nights are much more peaceful now!
Being a mommy is starting to sink in now and I'm really enjoying it. At first, the lack of sleep, stress of trying to breast feed (by the way I'm not), and general adjustment phase was a little overwhelming. I had a touch of the baby blues for a few days and would cry at the drop of a hat. My hormones have evened out now and I'm off to being Jack's mommy and I love it!
On the professional end, I'm very excited to report that I have been offered a position as the At Risk Coordinator on our campus and have happily accepted. I know it will be a challenging position but I also feel it will be extremely rewarding! Oh, and a bonus will be never having to grade another essay again (unless I really want to, I suppose). I have mixed emotions about not being a part of the English department anymore and not interacting with our awesome kids on a daily basis, but I know that I will see all of my friends and the kiddos enough to make it worth it.
Here are some pictures of Jack at approximately 1 week old. He's SOOO cute. He makes the most adorable faces and coos and grunts and I could just eat him up! My mom has been a tremendous help and I don't know that we could have gotten through this week without her.
Finally, I have to sing my husband's praises. Reflecting back on this week, I think the most incredible memory I will have is how naturally he stepped into the role of father and provider. I always knew Johnny would be an incredible dad from the way that he is with his players, but having never really been around a baby, I wasn't sure how he'd do as far as the diapers, etc. went. He has absolutely been amazing! Not only is he a natural with a newborn, but he has been a rock for me and my emotional swings. He has insisted that I take time for myself and get plenty of rest. He has listened to my concerns and been simply incredible. I have such affirmation that I married the absolute best man in the entire world.
Every day is a new adventure and I can't wait to live it!
2 comments:
Courtney,
Jack is such a cutie. I can't wait for him and Chase to meet. Congrats on the the new position - that is wonderful. I am so happy for you!
Both my boys were bottle fed and they are healthy, smart and extremely active.
It's amazing on how fast your life can adjust and I bet now you can't imagine your life without him!!
Have a great time off with your little man!
I love this post! It made me so happy. I love the pics of Jack - he is so cute and I too want to just eat him up! Especially those cheeks and those little feet! And I'm so happy you have Johnny - he's a great guy and Jack is so fortunate to have you two for parents.
See you soon hopefully - I need to visit soon!
Oh and congrats and good luck with the new position at school!
Post a Comment