Before I got pregnant, I used to stand in awe of the pregnant mommas with their bellies and think, I can't wait until that's me. Well, I've changed my mind. Pregnancy, it turns out, is not nearly as exciting as I thought it would be.
I'm fairly certain I've had it pretty easy so far. I didn't have major morning sickness, just on occasion. I had constant sinus drainage there for a while that was annoying at best, and even that has gone away. Since nothing, and I do mean nothing, tastes very good anymore and the few things that do taste remotely good make me feel pretty terrible later, I have only gained a whopping 1 pound since before I was pregnant. While some would say I've been pretty lucky, I do worry that I'm not consuming enough for me and Jack. He seems to be growing fine, so I probably shouldn't worry. Apparently, like his father, he consumes everything in his path.
Lately, I can tell my belly is growing which is something I have truly been looking forward to. However, with that growing comes stretching and aches and pains that I've never experienced before. To top it off, when I was 3 I had an ovary removed (long story) so that likely caused scar tissue and "adhesions" in my lower abdomen that will now have to stretch and "pull away" after 24 years of stationary bliss. This will likely make my growing belly experience a little less comfortable than the average woman. Oh joy. I've been told to stay off my feet as much as possible (when's the last time you were in a classroom where the teacher just sat the whole time?) and my weekends are supposed to be for resting and relaxation (okay, I admit, it could be worse). Last night and this morning when I ate, I had trouble breathing afterwards. I can only assume that will get worse as I continue to grow.
On the bright side, I finally broke down and bought maternity pants! I just couldn't stand my regular pants anymore and since I work with high school kids all day, going around with my pants unbuttoned, even under my shirt, just wasn't something I wanted to experience. So I went back to Motherhood Maternity and bought 2 new pairs of pants and they are GLORIOUSLY comfortable!
Everyone assures me that it will all be worth it in the end, and I certainly don't doubt that for a second. Jack, if you read this one day, please know that my venting in no way implies that I am not incredibly happy to be pregnant with you! It's just that pregnancy is, well, uncomfortable. I'm sure once you're here, I'll instantly forget how uncomfortable I was.
0 comments:
Post a Comment