Today was a monumental day in our nation's history and I have to admit, it took a football player to put things in perspective for me. You see, I didn't vote for Barack Obama and I certainly don't agree with all of his policies. Some of them down right scare me. However, he is our president, for better or for worse, and I don't think anyone with half a brain can say that this is not a relatively significant event in our nationhood.
Now, what does a football player have to do with all of this? One night right after the election I was watching CNN with Johnny when they did a montage of reactions of black athletes to Obama's victory. I have no idea who he was, but this is what he said:
"Tonight, when I go home, I can look my son in the eye and for the first time tell him he really CAN be anything he wants to be."
How's that for perspective?
0 comments:
Post a Comment