CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

January 1, 2009

Flip Flopping

Even though I am convinced that I have been feeling the baby move since about week 16, last week he gave me the first real "thud" and he's been a-wiggling ever since! Last night was the first time it woke me up and he is definitely a strong little man. Just when I get comfy, thump, thump, thump and he's off. The other day I had the "belly flop" sensation and I swear he must have completely flipped over in there. These are really incredible, yet complete weird sensations. They're not strong enough yet for Johnny to feel on the outside (at least he hasn't been able to so far), though I swear the other day when I was in the bathtub (sorry about any mental pictures you may have as a result of that statement), I could see my tummy move where he was thumping. 


By far the weirdest sensation is the one I felt off and on this morning. I even asked my mother if this was normal. I actually felt like I was being poked with a stick from the inside...like his little bones are scraping against my skin. Immediately I thought something must be wrong...maybe he doesn't have enough fluid to swim in. My mother assured me that this is, indeed, normal, and there were many more odd feelings to come, some that she couldn't even begin to describe. Joy! For now, I'm enjoying the secret Morse Code going on in there...it makes me feel incredibly special that I am the first person who can feel him moving. I do have to honestly say that I can't wait for Johnny to feel him move...I can just see the look he'll get on his face...it will be so exciting! 

1 comments:

April said...

Guess what I found??? A new blog to follow!!! Yay! I love blogs!

I'm excited for you and Daddy about Baby Boy Smith AND you need to read A Lesson Before Dying...I saw that at the bottom :) Not that you don't have enough to do as is!