CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

September 3, 2008

My First Day as an Intern

Today I spent my first day in the office serving as a substitute assistant principal for my friend Kelly. I was so nervous that I would completely mess something up, but everything went smoothly. I really enjoyed myself and liked the work (even the filing). I mainly just processed missed d-hall referrals, but that meant I got to meet new students and learn the system for coding discipline actions, etc. I also got to sit and talk with a couple of students about some issues going on at school for them and I found that I really liked the "counseling" aspect of the job. All-in-all, it was a GREAT day! I felt invigorated as I discovered that I only liked it more as the day went by. I have definitely found my new calling! 

0 comments: