So far, pregnancy has been fairly easy (I'm knocking on wood as I type this as I'm entering my 6th week and apparently if I'm going to have morning sickness, it will likely start this week). I get occasional cramps (like PMS) and I'm sleepy a lot, but other than that I feel pretty good. I can't eat too much or I feel nauseous and if my stomach is really empty (except, ironically, in the morning) I feel pretty yucky. Nothing has made me really sick...so far.
It's starting to sink in that this is really happening. As the days pass by event-free, I feel better and better about all of this. Last night I started allowing myself to look at baby stuff and maternity clothes on the internet. Johnny and I started talking about names and no, we haven't decided on anything yet. What is most concerning for me right now is this stupid hurricane in the Gulf. Ike is making a beeline for the Texas coast and I'm hoping he decides to go elsewhere for the sake of my family who have already had to evacuate once this year! I'm sure it will all be okay.
In the meantime, I'm feeling really lazy. I did manage to do about 8 loads of laundry today (I haven't washed in almost 2 weeks...yes, we have enough clothes and Johnny often washes for himself) but he's been so busy that he didn't have time to do his today. I washed, folded, and put away almost every article of clothing we own. Man is it nice to be done. I literally got NOTHING else accomplished this weekend. I brought home papers to grade...that didn't happen. I had intended to get a head start on some work for school for this week...didn't do that either. I haven't even looked at my grad. school work (yikes)! I'm good for about 2 hours of working and then I have to lay down. But if that's all the symptoms I'm having, I'll take it!
0 comments:
Post a Comment