I think I had my first official experience with the dreaded Pregnancy Hormone Monster today...it wasn't pretty. My poor, sweet husband bore the brunt of the attack and deflected it from my brother and my mom. Here's how it went:
I have been SO tired lately...the kind of tired you only feel after you have run a marathon or worked out in the hot sun for hours on end or swam all day...but I feel that way all the time. I just sleep and sleep and sleep and I have so much to do because of it. Thank God for my mother who has been here for the past week. She has cooked, cleaned, done laundry...we'd be living in a pigsty if it weren't for her. Today, as usual, I was trying to nap on the couch. Since it was the middle of the day, people were, quite naturally, going in and out of our back door. Who could blame them? It was beautiful outside and who wants to sit there listening to me snore on the couch? Of course, our back door is the LOUDEST door ever! It creeeeeaaaakkksss as it closes and then the screen door slams shut. Since my head was right next to the door and it was already a little warm in the house from all of the in and outing, I just could NOT get comfortable. You know how it feels on those nights when no matter which way you sit or lie down, you just can't get comfortable? That's how it felt...and all I wanted to do was sleep! Finally, when Johnny came into the living room and started giving me a hard time about being grouchy (I think I fussed at the dogs or something), that was IT! I let him have it...I screamed "Leave me alone" and flailed my arms in his general direction. He was stunned. I immediately made a beeline for the back bedroom and if there had been a door (that's another story), I would have slammed it shut. The last thing I wanted was for someone to tell me what a bitch I was being...I am perfectly aware of that and honestly, I have no control over it.
To my sweet husband's credit, he let it roll off of him. When I finally calmed down, I apologized to him...I just don't know what comes over me these days. Later, when my little brother was razzing me about something (who knows what?) my husband stepped in,
"Trey, I wouldn't go there...the beast might come out again," Johnny warned.
"Yeah...I grew up with her; I'm used to it," Trey confidently replied.
"This is a different kind of beast...I don't even know this one," Johnny responded.
You should have seen Trey's face; he knew Johnny meant business. They all left me alone for the rest of the afternoon. I sure hope that beast doesn't come back again. I don't like feeling like that at all. Go away, Hormone Monster, go away!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment