CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

February 25, 2009

Crying Jags

As I become more pregnant, I also become more emotional or as Johnny likes to put it, "crazy as a loon." Sadly, I really have to agree with him! Here's something I can laugh about today, but yesterday it really wasn't funny at all. 


Yesterday morning I brought Johnny a shirt because he had CDO duty the night before and had to sleep there. It was REALLY early (about 6:30) and I was pretty tired already. After I dropped off Johnny's shirt, I was a little emotional since he hadn't been home the night before and lately I can get emotional about almost anything. I was also quite hungry since I was too delirious to eat breakfast before I left the house. I decided to stop at McDonald's since it was on my way to school.

I pulled in the drive through and ordered a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit with no egg (don't ask). When I pulled up to pay, I opened my wallet to find that there was no debit card there. I searched and searched my "purse" or as Johnny likes to call it my "carry on bag" to no avail. The poor girl at the window waited and waited patiently and I still couldn't find it. I apologized profusely for wasting her time and pulled through. I parked the car to make sure I hadn't missed my card and I still couldn't find it. This was it...my breaking point. There I sat, sobbing and sobbing in the McDonald's parking lot over a debit card that I knew was probably in a pants pocket or something. Then I cried harder because I was hungry and I knew I now had no way to get any breakfast. I also cried harder because I knew how ridiculous I was being by crying over a silly card. I finally composed myself and drove to school. 

I decided to look one more time in my purse for my card when I arrived at school. I reached into my purse and what did I find immediately? That's right, my debit card! So of course, what's a pregnant lady's reaction? I cried. 

1 comments:

Erin S said...

Totally normal! Just wait 'til the post-delivery hormones kick in. Remember, I'm just around the corner and can be there in less than a minute!