I went to the dr. again today for my 27 week visit. I can't believe I'm already beginning my 3rd trimester! Today was a LONG visit as I had to do my sugar test as well as have another ultrasound before seeing the dr., but the ultrasound made it worth every minute!
I drank my orange syrupy stuff like a big girl. Actually, it wasn't that bad. It really just tasted like orange Hi-C to me. It was nice and cold and I only had to drink about a cup full. It was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. After that, my mom, Johnny's mom, and I waited for the ultrasound technician to get in so that we could catch another glimpse at baby Jack. Once she finally got there, we went in and she asked, "is there any reason Dr. Gayle wants me to double check the sex of the baby?" GREAT! He has said nothing to me about second-guessing the sex of the baby and this is JUST what we need!!! I told her no, but that the last time I was in he did the portable ultrasound really quickly since we had to wait so long that time, too, and couldn't get a clear view of the baby's peanut. She reckoned that was probably why he'd made that note.
As she began the ultrasound, the first part of Jackson we found was his sweet little face. There he was, looking right at us! He even opened and closed his mouth a few times to say hello. Too cool! His little hand is still up by his nose and he's just chillin' all snug in there. Everything looked great and the ultrasound tech. said he looks like a pretty good-sized boy...about 2.5 pounds. Right now he should weigh about 2 pounds, so he's a little big, which is just fine according to his daddy!
Then, we went in to see Dr. Gayle, which took another 30 minutes at least. He measured my fundal height for the first time today and said I'm measuring at 30 cm, which is 3 cm more than my date (27 weeks). He said anything can happen, but they typically add 1/2 pound per cm over the number of weeks, so right now if nothing changes the baby could be in the high 8 pound range for weight. Yikes!!! Johnny was 9 pounds 5 ounces and I was 7 pounds 15 ounces, so neither of us were really small babies...this one could be a whopper and he's weighing in in the 65th percentile. What I'm most excited about is that I only gained 2.5 pounds in the past month. I'm certainly not TRYING to keep my weight down, but since I gained my baby weight over the past 4.5 years, I'm also glad that I'm not gaining rapidly. Of course, I'm also glad that Jackson is getting the nourishment he needs and I still know that all of the could change in the last 3 months!
My belly is growing bigger and bigger and Jackson is wiggling around more and more. I feel pretty good these days and I'm not so big that I can't move around freely. This weekend, I'm even getting to fly to San Diego to spend the weekend with Johnny at the USA 7s rugby tournament. I've never been to California, so I'm excited to go. It will be our last vacation as a family of 2.
We got some great pictures of Jackson's face today, so I'll be sure to post them as soon as I get them scanned. It won't be long before we get to see him for real!
0 comments:
Post a Comment