CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

February 2, 2009

20 Years Ago...


I got the greatest gift a 7 1/2 year old little girl could receive: a real live baby! On Saturday, my "baby" brother, Trey, turned 20! I can't believe it's already been 20 years; I can distinctly remember the day my mom told us she was pregnant with him (we were appalled...she was so OLD at 34), the day I found out he was going to be a boy (I pitched a screaming fit), and the day he was born (I was so nervous I missed half the day to go to the "big kid" computer lab to make a banner for him...my teachers were the best). 


All I know is, 20 years later, he's still "all boy." It's really funny to think about him all grown up and I'm not sure he's really there yet, but I can honestly say he's got a heart of gold and he's one of the sweetest 20 year old males I know. What 20 year old do you know who will hug both his mom and his sister in front of his friends, go on "dates" with his momma to see Harry Potter movies, and worry about whether or not his pregnant sister should be picking things up, sitting a certain way, or wonder about her baby belly? 

Please don't mistake this for a lack of manliness; Trey has plenty of that. He's such a big guy. When he was little, he was always the smallest kid in his group of friends. I don't know when it happened, but he just grew and grew and now he's one of the biggest in his group of friends. He's a strong kid and good to have around in a move. When I called him on his birthday the other day, he was at his friend's farm in Kirbyville "workin cattle," riding 4 wheelers and horses, and of course drinking beer (sigh). All in all, despite his spoiled rotten tendencies, I have to say he's a pretty great kid. 

I'm so glad that I got to have him as my practice boy. He has so many qualities that I hope my own son gets, and some that I don't. Either way, he's my Treybo and I love him very much! 

1 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Birthday, Trey! I'll never forget you as a little boy checking out the "under-garmet" section of the JCPenny books! bahahaha