I took Cate for her 6 month checkup with Dr. Henderson. As I suspected, she's perfectly healthy and growing, growing, growing. Here are her stats:
Weight: 16 lbs, 12 oz (75th percentile)
Length: 26 1/2 inches (75th percentile)
My only concern was to ask him about her eating habits. Despite her appearance, she really doesn't eat as much as you would expect. She rarely takes more than 4 ounces at a time, but she does eat every 3 hours or so. He said that clearly, she's healthy, and that she probably just has a slower metabolism...sorry Cate. I think you got that from me :( It's good that she nibbles through the day and hopefully we can keep her on somewhat the same feeding routine. If she learns to eat this way rather than gorge three times a day, she'll be much better off in the long run. Of course, she's WAY too little for me to start obsessing about her eating habits now. Funny how my mind just naturally goes there with a girl...I never gave it a second thought with Jack. My, what society does to us girls!
She had three shots, which she didn't like at all, but she only cried for 30 seconds and stopped as soon as I picked her up. Dr. Henderson commented on how serious she is...they say your personality is pretty much set by 6 months old...well, I think I have my little mini-me when it comes to personality. Cate is the most serious baby I think I've ever seen. She does smile and laugh, though...usually at her big brother. I've been trying for 2 days now to post some video of them playing together, but something is wrong and I can't get it to upload. Honestly, I'm kind of glad she's so serious...I know how to handle a serious girl. Not sure what I would do with a silly, giggly girl. Any way she turns out, I'll love her to pieces!
On the elevator when we left, there was an older couple. Of course, the lady commented on how cute Cate is, but the man made the comment that "she's a healthy baby." My response was, "mine don't come any other way." I am so blessed and thankful that she is healthy and happy!
$250 Bucks and Worth Every Penny
2 weeks ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment