and so little time to say it. Seriously, where does the time go? Every day I think, man I should update my blog...then the time gets away from me and I don't. So today, I am updating, even though I can't get pictures to load or anything.
What's going on with the kids?
As usual, they're growing way too fast. Jack turned 2 on May 7, and he is just more and more incredible every day. He had his 2 year check up last Friday, and here are his stats:
Height: 3'1"
Weight: 29 pounds (give or take a few ounces...he wouldn't be still)
He is 94% for height and 75% for weight. If the formula of double their height at 2 and you get their adult height holds, he'll be at least 6'2". That makes Johnny very happy! He is shaping up to be built just like my brothers. Tall and lean...works for me. He's super chatty these days. He talks constantly and about anything and everything. He's just a true joy.
Cate will be 1 in July...I can't believe it! At her 9 month checkup, she was 75% for height and weight. Poor baby...I think she's going to have to watch what she eats like her momma...but at least she's happy and healthy. Cate had a rough go of transitioning into the Infant B room at daycare, but things are beginning to even out a little now. She's soooo close to walking. If she would just get a little braver, she would be off and running. Pretty sure I've had dreams lately of chasing both of them around. Life is about to get REALLY interesting!
We love them both so much! Don't know what we'd do without either of them.
What's going on with us?
Well, it's been quite an interesting last few weeks. We've gotten to spend a lot of time together as a family since rugby season has ended. Johnny has decided to take some time off from coaching as well. This leads us to create a "new normal" around the house. I'm super looking forward to having him at home more.
I've faced some disappointment on the job front, so I've been in a bit of a funk where that is concerned, but I'll just keep looking to God for the answers. That's about all I can do at this point. One major distraction in the last couple of weeks has been the kidney stone that has set up residence between my kidney and bladder. I had surgery last week to have a stent put in to allow for flow from my kidneys to my bladder, but that really just put a small dent in the pain and discomfort. I'm supposed to go in again tomorrow for an appointment and then surgery on Friday to bust up the stone. Basically, this will mean two weeks in a fog from pain medicine. Maybe after Friday (my birthday, by the way), things will begin to look up for us. I know Johnny and the kids are tired of me being incapacitated.
So that's about all. Feels better knowing that I posted something, even if it wasn't all that interesting. Hopefully I can get some pictures to post of the kids soon. They're getting SO big!
$250 Bucks and Worth Every Penny
2 weeks ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment