It's 9:30 on Sunday night, I've spent almost two full days by myself with Baby Jack (Johnny had move out this weekend...work thing), and I'm going on about 5 hours sleep...only 3 consecutive...for Saturday. Oh, and I'm 7 months pregnant. Hormones much? I had this moment today, though, and I wanted to record it for posterity. Honestly, it makes me tear up every time I think about it.
Jack and I had a wonderful two days together. He was so sweet and playful and he's really into making me laugh lately. If he notices I laugh at something he does, he just does it over and over again with the biggest, brightest smile on his face. It's simply precious. Moments I know I will never forget. Tonight as I was giving him his bottle (he still gets one with whole milk before bed), he thought it was just too funny to try to stick his fingers in my mouth. I played along by pretending to nibble his fingers. He just laughed and laughed. At one point, he raised himself up only my chest, looked me directly in the eye, smiled his sweet smile and gave me a big ole kiss...just like that. He's just growing up so fast and he does more and more things consciously now. It's just amazing how intuitively sweet he is. Yes, he throws his tantrums, but there is a genuine sweetness to his nature that comes through and it just makes my heart melt. If you ask him to "give me some luvin" he puts his head on your shoulder and hugs you. I'm just simply in love with this little boy.
So as I sat there listening to him giggle at me nibbling his fingers and watched him put his little head on my chest and hug me, it suddenly occurred to me that it probably won't always be like this. These moments will become fewer and fewer as he gets older and when he's a teenager, who knows if he will even talk to me, let alone hug me. I asked God right then and there to burn that image of this sweet little baby onto my brain so that when he is a stinky old boy who is embarrassed by his mom, I can remember and know that there is a special bond between us that even teenage hormones can't cloud. It was such a wonderful moment that I was sad to go put him to bed...I just wanted to sit there and hold him forever.
Jack Smith, you may get older and act like you don't like me, but I'll never forget the look in your eyes today...and I'll know the real truth. I love you.
$250 Bucks and Worth Every Penny
2 weeks ago
2 comments:
That was too sweet to read. Tears in my eyes and all because I know how weird and crazy those teenage boys are - sad : )
They are never too old to hug and love on! I still do that on a regular basis with my sweet boy, and he is now ten and almost as tall as me! He knows that momma will always get her way when it comes to loving on her boy! But I have never forgotten what it was like to really hold him when he was a baby, so, yes, don't forget that, but he will never be too old for love!
Courtney W.
:)
Post a Comment