CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

September 6, 2009

4 Months Old!!!




Jack turns 4 months old tomorrow (I can't believe I'm actually posting a day early) and boy is he growing, growing, growing! Here are some of his latest accomplishments:


Jack is eating big boy food these days. He's been eating cereal from a spoon (rice and oatmeal) for a couple of weeks. I know, you're not supposed to start that until he's 4 months old, but have you seen the boy? He's huge, and he was still eating formula every two hours. He was HUNGRY! He really likes his cereal and though he's a bit of a messy eater, he gets most of it down. 

Yesterday we added some fruit to his cereal. So far he has had bananas and today we did applesauce. He loved both. Next week I think we'll try some carrots and green beans. 

If you read my last post, you know that Jack is rolling over front to back. No back to front yet, but I just don't think he's super motivated at this point. He's more interested in trying to get his feet into his mouth (poor guy has such big thighs it's making it tough for him). He's still reluctantly rolling over and does a much better job when I'm not around.

Jack sat on his own yesterday for about 10 seconds. He's getting to be so strong! He can grab my hands if I hold them above his head and hold on while I pull him up to a sitting position.

Jack is also starting to hold his own bottle. Daddy is really working on this as it would make all of our lives much easier. 

Jack got his first runny nose on Friday. They called from daycare to tell me he wasn't feeling well. I picked him up early and sure enough, he was steadily dripping snot. Otherwise, though, he was just fine. His nose is better today. 

His 4 month dr. visit is on Tuesday, so we'll see how much he weighs then. According to our scale, he's between 18 and 19 pounds, but it's often wrong, so we'll just see on Tuesday how much our little man has grown! 

0 comments: