CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

September 6, 2009

Mr. Personality


One thing that I didn't discuss in my previous post is Jack's emerging personality. Every day he becomes more and more expressive. He is typically a sweet, happy little guy. He's especially smiley first thing in the morning and has discovered his giggle box, especially when Mommy plays peek-a-boo with him. He really likes daycare and he particularly likes a little girl his age named Ruby. When one of his teachers noticed Jack making eyes at Ruby one day, she put them down for tummy time together and they entertained each other for about 20 minutes. This has become a daily event for Jack and it seems to be working well. 


He's also a talkative little guy. He coos and oohs, squeals with joy, and talks away whenever we sit down at the table. He also loves to talk while he's laying on his changing pad. His eyes light up when he's telling one of his "stories" and it's just so much fun to watch and listen to him. He gets so excited to share what he is feeling! 

Jack LOVES watching TV, particularly anything sports related. His favorites, much to his daddy's joy, are rugby and UFC fights. The rugby I don't mind, but I am not a fan of my 4 month old watching two men beat the crap out of one another; Jack can't get enough of it! If I'm home alone, I turn it off. Johnny's not so concerned, though. As soon as Jack hears the UFC music, he's mesmerized. He even cries when commercials come on.

This leads me to what happens when Jack doesn't get his way. You see, my little man has never been the passive type. He is anything but laid back (see picture above for the only time he IS laid back). Jack wants to go, go, go and it frustrates him when he can't. At daycare, they are always holding him when I pick him up; I know part of this is because he's the cutest baby in the room, but something tells me Jack doesn't go too long just laying there like the other babies. He definitely knows what he wants when he wants it. Trouble is, he's already expressing his wants with temper tantrums. Yes, my sweet angel has quite the temper. He yells (not cries, yells), curls up his whole body and will not stop until I figure out what he wants. Let's just put it this way, it's going to be a long 18 years! 

0 comments: