CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

August 29, 2009

A Big Week for Mr. Jack

This week was a huge one for Mr. Jack Smith. He accomplished two important developmental milestones and one VERY important milestone for a boy from Texas. 


For a couple of weeks now Jack has been working on rolling over from his tummy to his back. Since he hates being on his tummy, he makes a big fuss at first then starts kicking his leg over. He kept getting stuck on his shoulder, so the other night Johnny and I put him on our bed thinking a softer surface with a little more give might help. It sure did! After a couple of failed attempts and one HUGE temper tantrum, over he went. He looked so relieved! Johnny got it on video, but it's on his computer right now, so I'll have to post that later. It's on my facebook if you're really interested. 

Earlier in the evening, Jack and I were having our typical after school conversation. I ask Jack how his day went and he usually coos a few answers. I share how my day went and he usually responds with lots of big smiles. Then I start to sing silly songs, make silly faces, and get him to smile his big gummy grin more. While he has been squealing with delight lately, he hasn't quite mustered a real big boy laugh. As I was beep, beep, beeping his nose the other day, he suddenly let out the cutest little chuckle I've ever heard. He did it again and again. Of course, he hasn't done it since so I haven't been able to get that on camera, but it will happen again soon enough. 

On Thursday, Johnny had rugby meetings after work and since he had a couple of CDO duties in the last week, I was pretty desperate for something to keep Jack and me busy for a little while. I finally settled on taking him to the freshman football game thinking that if he fussed, we could always just go home. Jack LOVED being at the game. It was a little warm, but he didn't seem to mind too much. He spent the first game with Christi Cheshire just observing everything around him. He was totally fixated on the game and didn't even flinch when Christi's husband would cheer. Then we went onto the sideline with Mr. Reed and Scott Martindale and Jack was, once again, totally fixated on the game. He was totally calm the entire time we were there. Add this to the fact that he loves to watch rugby games and UFC fights on TV with his daddy and I think we definitely have a macho man on our hands! 

Jack will be 4 months old a week from Monday. I just can't believe that so much time has passed and that he is getting so big! Life is so much easier now than it was when he was first born. I have trouble remembering what our lives were like before he was born...it's just so much better now! We are so blessed to have our little man in our lives. 

0 comments: