CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

June 30, 2009

I'm a terrible mother...

It has been SOOO long since I've updated my blog. I hate it when people don't update and you'd think being home all summer I'd have time. Remember, folks, I have a fussy newborn who has reflux and bad gas, so it has been a hairy few weeks. Regardless, Jack is growing like a weed and getting cuter every day. Here...you can see for yourself. (Commentary courtesy of Jack). 

I actually enjoy baths now that Dad heated up the water. Momma was freezing me! 

Sitting in my bumbo isn't my very favorite thing, but it's good for my muscles! 
I like to be stubborn. As soon as I see the camera come out, I stop smiling! I'm just like my Daddy that way. 
Here I am at Nana and Papa's. I spent 4 days there! I discovered that I REALLY like Motown music...I'm such a cool little guy! 


I can't believe he'll be 8 weeks old on Thursday! Okay, so what's been going on? SOOO much. Jack started prevacid about 4 weeks ago and did fine for a little while. However, he still had terrible gas issues and (sorry if this is TMI) thick green poopie that was pretty tough for the little guy to get out. We ended up giving him an ounce of prune juice per day, but that irritated his reflux, so we had to split the dose. Since he is growing, growing, growing, the prevacid eventually lost its potency (he's gained almost 4 pounds...we think) so today the doc okayed a higher dosage. Let's hope this helps the little guy out!
Jack can do a few new "tricks" now as well. First of all, he is sleeping so much better at night. Thanks to Kelly (and others) suggesting we put him in his carseat at night, he did so much better for about 4 weeks. This weekend we put him in his bed elevated with phone books at one end and he's doing well with that, too! Such a relief for Mommy. He's sleeping between 3 and 6 hours in his first stretch, and between 2 and 3 hours in his second stretch. It's AWESOME!!! I feel like a human being instead of a zombie! 

Since he was holding his head up so well, I decided to try Jack in the bumbo and he's doing pretty well in it. He doesn't LOVE it yet, but who can blame him. It's probably still a little tough for him. His current "favorite places" are his swing and the high chair. He sleeps pretty well in his swing these days, and his high chair reclines a little for infants, and it's a space saver so it's strapped to one of our pub chairs. He LOVES to sit there and watch me in the kitchen. He can even sit with us at dinner! So much fun! 

Tummy time continues to be one of his least favorite things (unless you can catch him in a good mood) but thanks to the little whale pillow that came with his play mat, he's doing well. He also prefers tummy time on Momma or Daddy's tummy to time on the play mat. When he's not being cranky, he can push up really well and hold his head up for a few seconds. I think he's doing just fine.

Finally, my FAVORITE trick is that he is now smiling! Yep, that's right, he smiles big. He's the most smiley in the morning which is fantastic to wake up to. It's just so darn wonderful! He's growing before our eyes. It continues to amaze us how cute and special he is. 

0 comments: