CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

June 3, 2009

Almost 4 Week Update


Here are some pictures of Jack at 3 weeks old. I'll post some official 4 week pictures on Thursday. Don't you love his groovy onesie? 
Woo hoo! I see you! 
Jack will be 4 weeks old on Thursday! Bad Momma that I am, I didn't post an official 3 week update, but man has it been a little rough lately (see Gas Factory).  I finally broke down yesterday and called the dr. and they suggested we come in today. I took him today and he weighs 10 lbs, 4 oz. (didn't measure his length). The dr. thinks he might have reflux because of all the gagging and coughing he does after he eats and since he eats every 2 hours no matter how much milk he eats...he can eat 4 ounces and 2 hours later he wants more! Evidently when reflux happens, babies are smart enough to know that milk is a base and neutralizes the acid, so they want to eat all the time to make themselves feel better, but it just causes more reflux AND, in Jack's case, lots of gas from taking in air. We got some prevacid to see if we can get the reflux under control and maybe curb the other symptoms. The next step is to change to soy formula to see if it is a milk intolerance issue. Good thing is he's gaining weight and for the past 2 nights he has been a little less fussy. Momma hopes that he won't want to eat so often and will maybe sleep a little longer at night! 


Jack is such an MBU (Mobile Baby Unit)  it's not even funny. I'm honestly convinced that he gets bored being at home all day. Since he was born, when he is awake he is very alert and looking around and, quite frankly, looking at your Mom all day has to get old! I wasn't taking him anywhere because it is so hot, but that's not going to change anytime soon and we can't sit here all summer! So today, I got brave and said what the heck and went to the mall before his dr. visit. I loaded up our super cool stroller, packed a bottle and fixins for another one, and off we went. He fussed a little in the car at first, but when I got him in the stroller in the mall, he was sound asleep. When he got hungry, he woke up, I fed him, he burped, fussed a little bit so I carried him for a bit, changed his diaper in the public restroom, and then he fussed when he got back in the car seat but was sound asleep again once we got in the car. The best part was, I survived! Even when he was crying, I was fine. Just being out of the house was totally worth it, and I think he enjoyed looking around and hearing the new sounds, too. We're definitely going to start getting out more! 

1 comments:

Jacob and Emily said...

I am so glad you and Jack came out to my parents house Saturday. It was great meeting both of you! We will have to get the boys together again and yes, take some pictures. I did a horrible job of taking pictures Saturday - bad mother! Have a great week.