CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

April 16, 2009

Sharing

This may be the most random blog entry ever, but I am pretty proud of us so I wanted to post. Since Johnny and I moved to College Station, we have not had to share a bathroom. It's heavenly bliss to have my own bathroom complete with garden tub. I've been able to keep my make up and flat iron and blow dryer out on the counter since we don't have to have room for two people. That all changed this past weekend, and I think we've handled it in stride.

With the baby coming (and my mom coming to help with the baby), we decided it was time for us to act like a real married couple and share our master bathroom. We spent part of the day Sunday cleaning "Johnny's bathroom." Now, my husband is a man's man and he likes to work outside and wrestle around with our dogs and he comes in from rugby practice all dirty and sweaty, so you can imagine that our white tile bathroom with white vinyl flooring stays pretty messy. Since we rarely have guests and I have my own bathroom, I rarely go in Johnny's bathroom. Let's just say it took us a while to get it in the condition I deemed acceptable for bringing home an infant. But we got it there and Johnny was a huge help!

Now we are sharing our master bathroom and so far it is going much better than I had anticipated. We're doing a good job in the morning of staying out of each other's way and being considerate of the time we spend in there. We went Sunday to buy some shelving so Johnny can keep all of his vitamins and shaving stuff up and out of the way and that is working out quite well. We're even both working hard to pick up after ourselves so the counter doesn't get cluttered. I'm not sure how long this will last, but so far it's been great!

Without going into detail, I had a pretty tough week this week. I'm trying very hard to focus on the blessings in my life right now since there are really too many to count. I count this newfound ability to share a bathroom among one of those many blessings. And, of course, my husband is my prime blessing right now. Without him, sharing a bathroom would not be possible. Thanks, Johnny, for giving me a reason to have gratitude this week!

1 comments:

StormyHickman said...

Trey and I didn't share a bathroom until I was four months pregnant with Keaton. When we got married I moved into his house and just automatically made the guest bath my own, and that worked out just fine for us both. When we moved to the house we live in now and began sharing, we had been married for four years without every sharing!

I love how you said "like a real married couple" because that's exactly how I felt. Like, "Oh, this is what it's like to live with a boy."