CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

April 10, 2009

Nesting???

I think it's safe to say I'm "nesting." Last night I got the itch to clean. I actually took a nap when I got home from school and then got up at about 8:00 p.m. and started cleaning. I straightened up and put things away in preparation for today's cleaning extravaganza and ended up going to bed at around midnight.


We clean our house...we straighten up weekly, I pretty much vacuum daily, we do the dishes, wipe down countertops, etc., but I NEED this place to be super clean right now. I'm bringing home a new baby in about a month and I'm NOT bringing him home to a normal "clean" house. My mom is coming in next weekend and told me she'd help clean, but I just couldn't wait that long...I need it to be clean NOW...and I need it to stay clean (yeah right). 

This morning I was up at about 6:30 ready to go. Johnny had to work until noon today, so I took the opportunity to clean the kitchen floor while he was gone as I was pretty sure he'd frown upon me sitting on the floor with a scrub brush and a bucket of cleaner cleaning one row of tile and grout at a time. See, we have white grout between the tiles and mopping just doesn't get it as clean as I'd like, so about twice per year I get down there and really scrub. After about and hour and a half, the tile floor looked almost new again. Very few permanent stains to speak of. 

Then, I got after the microwave...gross! I scrubbed and cleaned and de-greased until it was nice and shiny then put a bowl of lemon juice and water in there and turned it on so that it would smell nice. Mission accomplished.

After wiping down the kitchen cabinets and finishing up in that room, it was time to strip the bed in our bedroom and wash all of our sheets (even the spare set that has been sitting waiting to be washed forever). While that was going, I dusted in our bedroom and then in the living room as well. I cleaned the fan blades and then vacuumed up all the dust off the floor. By this time Johnny was home so I took a little break to visit with him. When he went outside to clean out the dog pen, I got to work on our bathroom.

I filled up the bathtub with water and lemon Lysol (my favorite cleaning product EVER) and went to work. Countertops, cabinets, shower, sink, toilet (not with the same Lysol, though) floor and after all of this was finished, cleaned the tub. NOW I was tired...and sore...and my feet hurt REALLY bad.

In the midst of all of that, I did about 5 loads of laundry of various white and linens. I wanted spare sets of things clean for easy changing in the coming weeks. I think I washed every sheet, pillow case, towel, and blanket we own. 

Needless to say, I took about a 2 hour nap this evening before going to pick up dinner (I'm not going to ruin the perfectly clean kitchen). I feel very accomplished, but there is still so much more to do! Unfortunately, it will have to wait as the next two days are devoted to grading papers (and some work on the nursery, I'm sure). 

1 comments:

The Graff's said...

I was horrible about cleaning when I was pregnant with Chase. I had a list posted in the pantry with daily chores. The house had to be vacuumed Tues, Thurs and Sunday. Cabinet had to wiped down and sterilized daily. Along, with all of Blake's toys picked up. It drove my husband nutts. Now I am back to normal toys, clothes and bottles everywhere. Happy Nesting!