CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

November 10, 2009

6 Months Old!

Jack had his 6 month visit with Dr. Henderson today and it went pretty well. His stats are 20 lbs, 6 oz; 29" long, and 45 cm head circumference. He seems to be right on track with all of his physical and cognitive milestones. The only question I answered "no" to was whether or not he is imitating sounds. He's not quite there yet, though we can hold a "conversation" if I repeat the sounds he makes. It's really pretty cute. He cried for a grand total of 1 minute after his shots and then was perfectly fine. He's such a big boy!

We do have one concern that we will continue to pursue later in the week. I've noticed that sometimes Jack's hips pop when he is sitting up, rising to the standing position, or when I'm changing his diaper. It's not a really loud pop, but it's loud enough for me to hear. It doesn't seem to hurt him at all, but Dr. Henderson wants to get xrays of Jack's hips this week just to be sure that everything is lining up and growing correctly. If there is something going on, it's much easier to fix now than later. He also said that it could just be bubbles in Jack's joint fluid popping, but we'd all rather be safe than sorry. I will be out of town for the next couple of days, so when I get back on Friday, I will take him in for xrays. I'm trying really hard not to worry, but that's easier said than done. Since he seems to be developing on track and doesn't have any pain, I think everything will be just fine. Please keep us in your prayers that Jack is a-okay in the hip area!

Jack and I are heading to Beaumont this weekend to attend our friend Emily's wedding. My cousin, Rachel, will also be taking Jack's 6 month portraits. She takes gorgeous pictures of her daughter, so I thought I'd see how she does with Jack. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them on disk. In the meantime, here are some pictures of Jack on his official 6 month birthday. I can't believe it's already been 6 months and that he has grown SO much! I watch him in amazement now because every day he figures out something new. It's just so exciting. We love our little Bubba!


1 comments:

April said...

His hands look so big in that first picture! I'm glad everything went well and he didn't fuss too much at the doctor...he's gonna be a tough guy, I can already tell! I'll be sure and be extra careful with his hips this week while you're gone...and I'll be thinking of him & the x-rays on Friday.