Jack turned three months old yesterday! He also started daycare last week and we couldn't have asked for a better adjustment from him. The one concern from the daycare staff is how spoiled he is. I can't imagine why he's spoiled!
Here are a few of Jack's latest adventures and skills:
1. Week before last was Mommy's first week back to work, so GeGe and cousin Presleigh watched Jack during the day. Jack LOVES Presleigh and they played and played. She was a great helper for GeGe. I think that might have a little to do with the daycare staff thinking he was spoiled.
2. Jack is now going to KinderCare each day. Daddy brings him in the morning because apparently, Mommy makes it more traumatic for him to be dropped off. His teachers are Ms. Belinda, Ms. Renee, Ms. Erin, and another lady who I have not officially met yet. Ms. Belinda thinks Mommy is silly and worries too much and LOVES Daddy. We'll see how this goes!
3. Jack is now playing in his bouncer a couple of times a day. He wasn't sure about it at first, but when he finally figured out he controls how much it bounces, he really took to it. Right now he really isn't into the bouncing. That will come soon enough.
4. What Jack is into right now is playing with his hands and trying to grab anything and everything. He has pretty much mastered the art of reaching and touching things and can actually grab larger objects.
5. Jack still isn't a big fan of tummy time, but if I catch him first thing in the morning he tolerates it more. When he's in the mood for it, he can hold his head at a 90 degree angle for several minutes and at a 45 degree angle for several more. He hasn't figured out yet that it's easier to just be still, so he pushes and pushes with his feet. He's already trying to crawl!
6. Jack LOVES taking baths with Mommy. I got him a bath seat and we take a bath almost every night together. We have lots of bubbles and he loves the warm water (or any water for that matter). He actually cries sometimes when I take him out, and not because he's cold. He actually cries when he sees his towel coming.
7. Jack is eating a little cereal in his bottle at lunch and before bed. He is tolerating this well, though it is not making him sleep ALL night long. He usually goes to bed at about 9:00 and wakes up between 3 and 4, then goes back to sleep until we get him up at 6:30 to get ready for "school." Hey, I'll take it!
8. Jack has outgrown all of his 3 month pajamas and onesies and some of his 3 month outfits. He is now in 6 month pajamas and 3-6 month onesies and outfits. The best part is his fat legs!!!
9. Jack doesn't spend much time laying on his back since he gets really yucky hiccups after just a few minutes (the kind that make him spit up). I'm making an effort to put him on his play gym more since he really does like it. Maybe he'll start trying to roll over soon enough.
10. Jack is super smiley first thing in the morning!!! It is the absolute best to go get him out of bed and see a huge grin on his face. He coos and "talks" a lot in the morning as well, so that makes the little bit of time I get to see him before he leaves so special. I love him, love him, love him!
I can't wait to see what this month has in store for us!
0 comments:
Post a Comment