Say hello to Baby Smith! We had our first prenatal visit yesterday with the wonderful Dr. Gayle and he said everything looks great! We even got to have our first ultrasound and hear the heartbeat of our little one. It was pretty amazing. As a mother, I have to say that I felt a little weirded out when it started wiggling around...is that normal or am I awful? It was just so strange to think that a living being was inside of me. I'm sure I'll get used to the idea. It's just so surreal. My due date is May 12 and we should find out the sex of the baby sometime in early December. No surprises here! I need to get some nursery decorating done!
I wish I could say that I'm feeling better physically, but the truth is I am not. My morning sickness finally kicked in (in week 10...I thought I had gotten away with not having any) and each day after lunch I start feeling miserable. By supper time it's all over and I end up going to be too early and then waking up at 4:00 a.m. to start the whole routine over again. Let's hope this goes away sometime in the next month. Since seeing the wee one, it's a little easier to take, but I'm still pretty miserable.
I also have to comment on how sweet and wonderful my husband is...as if I haven't said enough about that. Yesterday, he was due to land in College Station at around 12:00 and then meet me at the dr. appointment at 3:00. I got a text around 10:00 saying that he probably would not make it due to flight delays. He was so bummed, and so was I. At about 1:00 I got a phone call in my classroom and it was him. He said there was a chance he could make it and that he had arranged for one of his players to pick him up at the airport and deliver him to the appointment. His flight was set to arrive at 2:40...he felt like he could make it. When I arrived at Dr. Gayle's office at 2:45, my phone rang...he was in town and in Matt Welsh's car on the way to the office...he just needed directions. 10 minutes later, there he was...exhausted, but there. He had even changed clothes in the car on the way over (don't ask how that worked). He was very nervous about being in the room for the visit, but he was a trooper and I think he was glad he stayed. He was teary-eyed (don't tell him I told you that) when we saw the baby on the screen and heard the heartbeat. He's so sensitive...that's why I love him. I'm SO glad he's home!
$250 Bucks and Worth Every Penny
2 weeks ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment