CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

September 9, 2011

10 Day Blog Challenge

10 Secrets-In totally random order. Sorry about the typos...I'm on my iPad and it's late.

1. I really wish I had tried out for drill team in high school. I feel like I basically wasted 13 years of dance training. One of the only times in my life I listened to others and didn't trust my gut...everyone told me how mean the director was. She turned out to be one of my favorite teachers. Live and learn.

2. It is a struggle every day to convince myself that it is okay to like being a working mom. The guilt is pretty unbearable sometimes. No one puts that on me but myself. I just know that I need the kind of challenge and fulfillment that my job provides me as much as I need to be a mommy to my kids. I think it will always be a struggle for me.

3.I would love just 1 time to play in a rugby game, but I'm too scared to do it. I like to think I'm a pretty tough girl, but really, others probably don't think so. Just once I'd like to see what it's like to be physically tough.

4.I only applied to 1 college, and while I got a great education, I regret not at least seeing who else would take me.

5. Change is very difficult for me. This may or may not be a secret, but I try really hard to hide it. I typically handle change in my professional life much better than in my personal life. I am a very anxious person when I'm not in control of my own life.

6. Most of my close friends know this, and I've been very open about it on purpose when the subject arises, but for those of you who don't, I suffered with bouts of postpartum depression after both of my babies were born. My sweet frien Erin S. Had warned me that hormonal shifts would be terrible in the couple of weeks after the baby was born, but my mood swings were sever and I had terrible anxiety that wouldn't allow me to sleep. All we ever hear as women is how we're instantly going to fall in love with our babies and be connected to them, and in a way I was, but not like I expected. The bottom line is, we need to share the good and the bad experiences with everyone so that women like me don't think they're terrible mothers for feeling the way they do. Fortunately I have an awesome husband and doctor who convinced me it was okay to seek treatment and I was feeling much better very quickly.

7. I am messy. I leave my shoes out instead of putting them in the closet, I try on outfits and don't hang them back up in the morning, I don't fold laundry or do dishes right away. I know, it's terrible, but I've come to terms with it and my spurts of cleanliness help keep things under control. My mom used to have a plaque above the kitchen sink and I live by it's motto: "My house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy." Don't even ask about my car!

8. My least favorite facial feature is my teeth. They are crooked and I should have gotten braces as a teenager but didn't because I didn't want them to ruin my already mediocre trumpet playing skills. Now THAT'S a band nerd!

9. My most favorite facial feature is my eyes. They're hazel, and I LOVE the Almay color enhancing makeup. I have decent lashes and a little freckle under my right eye. They are also decently large. I am so happy that Jack got my eyes. His are blue, but mine were, too, until I was 7. His aren't true blue, so maybe they will turn. That would be awesome. Either way his are beautiful!

10. I am very scared about the world my children will grow up in. I work at a great high school, and as schools tend to be a microcasm (sp) for society, I see where our core beliefs are going. It's a bit disturbing sometimes, folks. Fundamental values such as respect, honesty, courtesy, and modesty are going out the window in the name of "individual rights." Trust me, it's not just a teenage thing, either. All I can do is raise my children with the same morals and values I believe in and give them over to God. Going to work requires much prayer and contemplation every single day. Mostly what I ask for is patience, understanding, and to let God guide my words and actions.


6.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Yeah 10 day challenge! I love these!

Jacob and Emily said...

Me too! Loved reading Jessica's and now you're doing it - yay! And I totally thought your eyes were blue...oops.

This is April, btw. I think I'm logged in as E.