You'd think that since I haven't posted about Cate in a while, I've been a wreck dealing with a newborn. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, I've gotten to sleep at least 6 hours straight at night for about 2 weeks now and the past two nights, she's slept from 10:00-6:00! Then she goes back to sleep for another 3 hours, so I do, too. It's gonna be so hard to go back to work on Monday...I don't want to leave her, but I also won't be getting nearly as much sleep! That's my excuse for not blogging...I've been sleeping.
It's safe to say that Cate is one of the best babies I've ever known. She is relatively quiet, and when she fusses, there is usually something wrong that is easily fixed. She sleeps 2-3 hour stretches during the day and is away about an hour at a time after feedings. She sometimes fusses in the evening, but only when we've had a long day or we've done too much in the late afternoon. She is almost always in bed by 10:00 (she goes to sleep on her own after about 10 trips to her room to replace her pacifier) and then sleeps so well (see above). She still has reflux, but sleeping upright has really helped and seems to be working still. She's just the sweetest little thing.
She had her 2 month dr. visit a little early (at 6 weeks) this past week since I had to take her in AGAIN for her belly button! That silly thing still hasn't fallen off! It just refuses to let go. Dr. Henderson has had to silver nitrate it twice and it is still on there. I've never seen anything like this and I can't wait until it falls off so I can give her a real bath. I have a feeling she will like it much more than the sponge baths she's been getting so far.
So...her 6 week stats are:
Weight: 9 lbs, 14 oz. (50th percentile)
Height: 22 inches (50th percentile)
I have to say, I was pretty happy that she falls in the 50th percentile and not the 90th like Jack has most of his life! It would be perfectly okay if she was a big girl, but I'm hoping she is just nice and average...it'll be a lot easier to buy clothes later in life :)
She smiles every once in a while and tolerates tummy time way better than Jack ever did. She can turn her head from side to side and occasionally lifts it and holds it at 45 degrees. Like I said, she's just the sweetest little thing. I think she's the calmest one in the Smith family!
I'll post some new pictures when I get back to work (and catch up there a bit). Johnny is going to do Daddy Daycare next week and then she will start at daycare the following week. I hate sending her at barely 8 weeks, but it must be done. We love our precious little girl and can't wait to watch her grow and change!
$250 Bucks and Worth Every Penny
2 weeks ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment