Sounds conceited, I know. However, let me explain why my birthday is blogworthy. I haven't had the best couple of weeks...it's been sort of an emotional roller coaster. I applied for a job here at school and I still haven't heard anything. I felt really good about my interview, but as we all know, the isn't always the deciding factor in these cases. I've just been feeling sort of stuck in a rut lately...it's been a long year and I'm ready to move forward with my life and my career...I just need someone to give me a chance.
Yesterday was my birthday and usually Johnny does something special and sweet for me. I honestly wasn't expecting anything this year because I got to go to Michigan for my friend's wedding back in May and that was a pretty pricey trip, so that was my birthday present. I was fine with that, but to my amazement yesterday, Johnny completely forgot my birthday. I was almost out the door when he finally realized that it was my birthday. In his words, "if looks could kill, the one you gave me would have set me on fire." I was really disappointed that he didn't at least think to tell me happy birthday. So I came to school all mad and upset and then I had class from 1:00-9:00 (thank goodness we got out a little early).
At about 3:45 I started getting text messages from Johnny (yes, I was texting in class...we were working in groups, though, so at least the prof. wasn't up in front teaching). First, he asked extravagant or practical...duh...then extravagant special occasion or extravagant practical...I chose extravagant practical...then fruit or fences...what?...I chose fruit...then big or little...I chose little (little usually means more expensive ;)...then he was done...I was instructed not to call or inquire about his plan.
When I got out of class at 8:00, I called him and he told me to meet him at Best Buy. When I got there, he explained that I had chosen a MacBook laptop as my gift! We went in, picked out some accessories, and took it home! I was so excited!!!
Then, when we got home, I had flowers and cards waiting on the table. In one card were two giftcards...one for Dillard's and one for Victoria's Secret...and in the other card (so cute...it was from the puppies and it had their muddy paw prints in it) a gift card from New York and Company. I was floored. I think I have the sweetest husband on the planet. So despite starting out in a funk, the day ended up turning out great. He got me the movie Juno, which I love, and we watched it together. From the start of it, I think this year might be better than the last. I can only hope!
$250 Bucks and Worth Every Penny
2 weeks ago
1 comments:
It's nice to hear how your birthday turned out.
We came back from our honeymoon and it was great. I miss you already and it was great to be able to see you.
Shortly after I came back from Disney I had to get ready for the show I am currating (it opened at the Ford Gallery on Eastern Michigan University's campus yesterday).
A week before I had to hang the show (and still doing a lot of work to prepare for it) my grandmother passed away - all my family lives in New Jersey you know... so Brandon and I drove out there 5 days before the show was due to hang and we met with family and attended everything. It was beautiful and I know she really held out to attend out wedding - which was great that she made it out here for that! But none the less, it was a sad occasion.
We are back in MI now, the show went up successfully and this weekend we leave for California to attend Amanda's wedding (she was the "best woman" for Brandon at our wedding) - now it's her turn.
Next Friday is the closing for the show and the artist is coming to campus. He will also be celebrating his 85th birthday.
Birthday's come and go... it's what you do between them that really matters :o).
Happy Belated... I hope you had gotten my phone message wishing you a happy day. Hugs! Kris.
Post a Comment