CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

April 6, 2008

Just an update

Well...Johnny took Iris to A&M on Wed. and she has to have surgery on her hip. Unfortunately, we didn't catch her dysplasia in time to do the "cheap" surgery so we will be doing a total hip replacement (TPR) on her in late May/early June. It costs more, but it is pretty much guaranteed to work. At this point, I think Johnny will end up having to get a second job along with my summer school to pay for the silly dog surgery. We just couldn't see putting her to sleep when a) she's just a puppy and b) this condition won't kill her. What can we say? We're officially dog people!

On a brighter note, Johnny is done with rugby until next fall (minus a couple of weekends this summer) so he has much more time at home. Spring has sprung at the Smith house and my perinneals are coming back full force! I didn't kill them! I'm so excited. I'll make sure to post some pictures soon. I planted a confederate jasmine vine on a trellis on the side of the house and it has new growth...the first official plant I've ever planted in the ground...and it didn't die! I can't wait til it blooms in the late spring, early summer. Lots of fragrant flowers!

We can't believe how fast the backyard go so green. The canopy of trees is just beautiful and while the grass isn't doing as well as we'd like, it's getting there. The dogs LOVE their new pen, the 50x60 6' fenced in area we built for them. Johnny even ran power to their "shed" so that we can hook up fans, heaters, etc. They're pretty spoiled pooches.

I'm a busy gal these days. Next weekend we have UIL Regionals at Baylor...my spellers got 1st place at district so we're hopeful to make it to state this year. We are also in full prom mode. Prom is May 10 and I am the sponsor this year. The theme is Une Nuit a Paris, and it's going to be beautiful if we can make everything work. I think I have something planned for every single weekend until school is out, and then I have to start school again and teach summer school...no rest for the weary. I am looking forward to "regular" school being over. Summer school isn't as tough as "regular" school. There is also a chance next year will be MUCH easier than this one was. I sincerely hope so!

0 comments: